Gin Mojito

Spring may feel more like damp Autumn at the moment but no recorded weather in history can dull Cafe Drake's taste for a gin cocktail or three prior to dinner. The only way we know of to improve on a stalwart classic like the mojito is perhaps to sub gin for white rum. Our version is a tad dryer than the norm. Enjoy!

Gin Mojito
Yield: 1 drink
Ingredients:
  • 2 ounces sugar syrup
  • 10 mint leaves
  • Crushed iced
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 4 ounces of gin
Preparation:
Put the sugar syrup in a flat-bottomed cocktail glass and add the mint leaves. Muddle until the leaves are thoroughly crushed. Fill the glass with crushed ice. Add the lemon juice and gin. Stir gently with a spoon.
Drink and be ready for a second round.
Drink Recipe Source: Brian O’Rourke


Comments

paizley said…
4 oz gin for one drink??? Then get ready to make another? LOL I make them by the pitcher. I remember when Mojitos became popular at bars in Miami. Always rum. Bartenders would like gape at me when I asked for one to made with gin. I was like "Why not???? I don't care for rum!" Anyway, I don't do sugar and most of my friends don't either so we use stevia to sweeten. Some drink it without any sweetener at all. In fact, I'm having a nice Mojito right now! PROST!

Popular Posts