The Cocktail in Autumn

You're all asking for more drinks ideas, especially ones suitable for Fall.
Below is a new fave of ours and always good for dinner parties of four. Actually it's quite economical despite the high glamour quotient if you utilize a nice, dry Cava or Prosecco instead of a pricey champagne. Tastes the same!


THE CAFE DRAKE CRIMSON ROYALE

12 tablespoons frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed / 6 teaspoons cranberry liqueur / 6 teaspoons orange liqueur / 1 bottle champagne or other sparkling wine /12 whole fresh cranberries / 6 orange slices, folded in half / 6 bamboo skewers
  1. Measure 2 tablespoons cranberry concentrate, 1 teaspoon cranberry liqueur and 1 teaspoon orange liqueur into each of 6 champagne flutes. Top with champagne.

  2. Thread 1 cranberry, 1 orange slice and then another cranberry onto each skewer. Place skewers atop glasses.

P.S. For everyone wondering how we create our annual Christmas Apricot Brandy: take 1 liter of decent-to-good brandy and empty into a large bowl. Add 1 cup dried apricots and 1 cup light brown sugar. Mix well. Cover VERY TIGHTLY with plastic wrap and place in a dark corner of your home, i.e. closet, underneath the bed etc. Shake or stir once a day for 6 weeks. Decant into small bottles and serve or give as special gifts. Keeps forever.

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow I like whats going into this Autumn cocktail.

I used to go down the shops to get my stuff but I have really started to get fed up of all that hassle now and just buy online from places like the drink shop because I can get a lot more choice on what I can buy. Ok I don't get it in my hands to take home like at the shops but it suits me now.

Popular Posts